Sunday 12 May 2013

Dad's Birthday Card

My goodness, what a busy time we've had lately....even more so than normal!! I've had lots of fun making orders for friends, have loads on at school/nursery, 4 family birthdays, Scott's been working extra hours AND we're getting work done in the garden! So, that's my excuse for neglecting my blog and my lovely blogs buddies. It looks like it will remain extra busy for the next month too, but I'll try to increase my blogging time, if I can.

Anyway, when my sister and I were at school, my mam and dad had a VW Caravanette that we (very affectionately) called Tess. She was orange and cream and made for lots of lovely days out, weekends away and "camping trips" in the drive!! So when I saw this little stamp in Hobbycraft (for only £1!), I had to buy it.

I played about for a while, stamping with black ink and colouring in, then decided to see how they looked with my Distress Inks. I loved the colours, so went with this idea for my dad's birthday card. The papers are Kaisercraft On the Move and I love the colour combination.

I would like to enter the following challenges:

Divas By Design - Anything Goes

CRAFT - Happy Birthday

Moving Along with the Times - CAS

Crafty Catz - Anything Goes

Totally Papercrafts - CAS

Sweet Stampin - CAS

 

9 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card. Love the retro VW image.
    Thanks for sharing it with us at Divas by Design.
    Hugs, Janine xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun card! Thanks for joining us at Sweet Stampin'.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is just fab - a great Man card. Great to see you playing along at MAWTT. Hugs, Claire x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Perfect masculine card and I love that fun VW image! Thanks so much for joining us at MAWTT!
    Hugs, Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great card Susie! Love the image.

    Thanks for sharing at TPC and Sweet Stampin' this week.

    Susan x

    ReplyDelete
  6. super card,love the design.. thanks for joining in with us at TPC and CRAFTY CATZ and also CRAFT x carol

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is such a cute idea. Love the old VW beetle image. Thanks for joining us at the challenge at Sweet Stampin' and hope to see you again soon! --Gail

    ReplyDelete
  8. love that stamp! Gorgeous creation! Thanks for joining us at CraftyCatz. Kim x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love how you have used the image. Great card design. Thank you for joining us over at Crafty Catz. Hugs Nina

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment x