Wednesday 25 January 2012

My First Mother's Day Card


I was so chuffed when this week's Sugar Nellie Facebook challenge was pink and grey, as I realised that I have loads of blue/green cards and absolutely no pink ones!

I chose my papers: First Edition Summer Bloom, and decided that I really needed to colour this gorgeous fairy again!  She's called Hello Little Friend and I love colouring her and her little rabbit.  This time, I've used polychromo pencils and Stardust Stickles.  I was a bit bold and used a little black on her socks too.  I sooooo love using the pencils - I love the effect and find it soooo relaxing!

I followed the Sketch Saturday sketch and deliberated on what embellishments to use...3 flowers? nope, too much..... a swirl?  none big enough....letters?  YES!  So it is my first Mother's Day card!

And I would love to enter the following challenges:
Craft Your Passion - Colour bingo - pink, grey and yellow (hair)
Papertake Weekly - Happy Highlights (Wings, wand and letters)
Creative Inspirations - Anything Goes
Crafts and Me Challenges - Pink and Sparkly
Simon Says Stamp - Anything Goes
Truly Madly Crafty - Anything Goes

12 comments:

  1. This is so pretty Susie! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty Susie...love the image and your fabulous colouring too :o)

    big hugs Vicky xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a lovely card. The image is adorable and such pretty papers.
    Mags
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi sweetie this is sooooooooo gorgeous love the letters & especially love the image & your colouring is awesome hunni.

    Lotsa hugs Vicky xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a darling card, Susie. Your image is so sweet and lovely coloring. Thanks for joining us at Craft Your Passion Challenge this week.
    Hugz,
    Cathy Lee

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your design and how you've spelled out Mum and great coloring is the sweet sweet image. Thanks for joining us at MMCS

    Shelby

    ReplyDelete
  7. A wonderful card Susie, it's so pretty and elegant. I adore the image and gorgeous colors.

    Plastic Card
    Plastic Card Printing

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your gorgeous card.Thanks for sharing with us at Craft your Passion this week.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awww this is lovely! The pastel colours are gorgeous. Such a sweet image and love how you've put the flower with the letter. Thanks for joining us at MMCS Challenge his week.
    Diane xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous card! Fab colours and I love the letters :-) Love 'n' hugs, Mel xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Susie, your Hello Little Friend fairy and bunny image looks fabulous on this lovely Mother's Day card. So glad to see your entry at the Crafts and Me digi team's Pink and Sparkly challenge. ~ Rose

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love your gorgeous card, beautiful colours and image.
    Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamps Challenge.
    luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment x