Sunday 5 July 2015

Chore and Activity Chart

 IMG_0033
Good morning, it's Susie here and I have made a chore and activity chart for use during the summer holidays.  It uses a 12x12 card and scrapbook page cover as the main chart and I have made a 6x4 chore card for each of my children, so that they have NO EXCUSES not to know what is expected of them!!  

I used up scraps of Sarah's Watercolour and Dotty papers to decorate my background 12x12 page.
IMG_0028
I then used Sarah's Days of the Week journalling cards, printed at 9x12cm each, trimmed and stuck them to my page.  I played around with the layout, but decided I preferred straight to the angled alternatives!  I also added a journalling card from one of Sarah's A Few of My Favourite Things Kits and use this for the daily chores.  All journalling cards were edged with grey pro marker to stand out from the background and I doodled some dashes around each letter and added Stardust Stickles to a few. 
I added Sid the Robot to represent Euan and the Flower Fairy to represent Louise.  Both were coloured with my pens and had a bit of Stardust Stickles added too.   
IMG_0032
I typed and printed my list of chores and activities that I knew we already had planned:  white for the chores, blue for the activities.  
I then decided that it would be easier for each of my children to remember what they were each responsible for if they each had their own card to stick their tasks onto.  So, I cut 10.5x15cm white card, which fits the cello bags I had available, and decorated a card for each of my children.  I used journalling cards from A Few of My Favourite Things sets and stamps from Sid the Robot and Flower Fairy sets for the main cards and added a character on top.  These were then slipped into the cello bags for continuous use!!  
IMG_0031
 IMG_0030








So, this is the finished items and a few of the chores/activities added.  I have it secured the chart, in its page cover, to my fridge with magnets, although it could also have ribbon attached to the punched holes and be hung.  The individual chore cards also "live" on the fridge: no excuses for not knowing where the list is!!
IMG_0034

1 comment:

  1. Love this idea Susie and your designs are fabulous. Looks like you are going to have a very organised house during the holiday.
    Have a lovely week.
    Hugs Sharon. x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment x