Thursday 5 December 2013

Dream. Valley DT - Anything But A Card

Oops, forgot to do my post! Hope I don't get the sack, lol!! We had the most amazing time in London with so many wonderful memories made. Highlights were: Christmas market and merry-go-round at South Bank, Harry Potter studios, The Shard, Giraffe restaurant, Harrods, speaking to a policeman with a huge gun opposite the Houses of Parliament, taxi drivers, hotel and staff in most places:0) FABULOUS!!!!!

Anyway, I made this necklace to go with my teal dress. It started off with just the long cluster, then I decided to try out another layer. (I remember that I loved, and inherited, the most beautiful 3 tier necklace from my gran, so this was inspired by that, although that necklace was much shorter.) The teal beads at the top are in line with the neck line of my dress and the shorter cluster drops from there. I have used belcher chain for each layer, some silver pendants upcycled from......something, small teal beads from Hobbycraft and the large teal and clear tear drop beads have been upcycled from old necklaces, which I loved. I still haven't decided whether I prefer it like this or with just the long cluster.......I have simple tastes and can't decide if the two layers is ok or too much! Answers on a postcard, or in a comment, please!!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment x