Sunday 10 March 2013

A Special Mother's Day Card


Well, time just seems to be racing ahead and it's time for another challenge at Dream Valley. This fortnight, it is Mother's Day / For a Lady and we have a new sponsor, Freckled Fawn. I have made a few different cards for Mother's Day, but wanted to show you my extra special one for my mam.

I decided that I would make a flowery card for mam on one side of the card blank and a card from Lou and Euan, using "their" images on the other side. Mam can choose which side to show, or show both. This way, I get to make the flowery, colourful card I know she loves, but also include a meaningful character, or two:0)

For the flowery card, I used a little bit of the beautiful Henbury Lane paper. I've pleated some white ribbon and layered some silver mesh (both from Hobbycraft) over the pleats for a bit of texture. The white circle has been embossed using my Crafts Too folder. The flower has been made up from my Memory Box Hibiscus die, a punched flower and pearl. The leaves are from the Spellbinders Foliage set. The beautiful butterfly are my new Clearly Besotted Butterfly Wishes Additions and die - fantastic service and quality - I am now obsessed with this company!!!!! I've been surprised that the butterflies stamp so well using my Distress Ink pads (this one is Tumbled Glass)....I've never had particularly sharp images when I've tried before.


For my birthday, the lovely Melly sent me the cute CC Designs characters (School Hansel and School Lucy) as they reminded her of Lou and Euan. I've had them stamped and part coloured for a wee while, just waiting for the right project.......this!!!! They have been coloured with pro markers.
A bit of Stardust Stickles around the edges complete my card.
So, what can you show us at Dream Valley this time? I'm looking forward to seeing.

Susie x

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment x