Monday 16 April 2012

Luv a Latte with a Latte (Shock!)

I do love this Luv a Latte stamp and, for once, I have kept her coffee cup and NOT substituted it for a champagne glass!!

 

I have coloured her with my Polychromo pencils again, but the paper is quite rough, so the finish isn't quite as "polished" as normal, although each time I look at it, I become a little less critical of it. The Sugar Bowl sketch has been used once again, and the optional theme of Stripes has been observed this time. I've used a Cuttlebug embossing folder for the stars paper and folded and sewn the white ribbon into pleats. The stripy paper is from the MME Everyday Flair paper pad. The ticket and wording is from LOTV.

 

Isn't it strange how designs and layouts change from your initial plans?! For example, for this one, because I wanted the image to "pop", I used white embossed paper. I knew I wanted to pleat the white ribbon, but it all looked too plain. I tried loads of different embellishments, in lots of different positions, until I eventually tried placing it all onto another layer of paper, patterned this time. Then, I was finally happy with it and the embellishing was easy. Yet for my Delicious card, I had planned to use a number of different patterned papers, but decided that it just looked far too much and pared it down to just 2 papers!! Best laid plans, and all that!

 

Have a lovely day, peeps.

Susie x

 

 

3 comments:

  1. Simply stunning Susie...love Sassy's and she is one of my faves too hun...and yep I know what you mean about changing layouts..I do it all the time..lol...!

    have a lovely day...big hugs Vicky xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fab card Susie - love the image and love what you have done with the ribbon

    Be back to see you soon

    Toodle pip

    Hazel x

    ReplyDelete
  3. well I love it petal!
    The card is all lovely and the image looks perfect to me!
    Love the white layout with just a touch of colour!
    Super fab honey!
    Hugs Melly xxx

    Ps Think she might prefer the champers lol xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment x