Thursday 16 April 2015

A Pretty Oceans Gift

I had soooo much fun making this card!  To begin, I coloured the beautiful Ocean's Gift from Sugar Nellie with promarkers.  I coloured her in Little Mermaid colours as the little girl is a huge fan! The image was coloured twice so that I could layer it.

I decided that I really fancied making a special background for her, so I used my VersaMagic inks:
I dabbed and pulled the ink pads across the card and used a damp/wet paint brush to soften the edges and blend.  Once dry, it was embossed using my Swiss Dots folder.  

The rock and mermaid were carefully cut out and layered onto the background and then the mermaid was cut and layered on top of that  And I added her little seahorse friend, who is super cute.  

The name banner was stamped using Clearly Besotted Basic Alphabet and edged with Stickles.  The age was stamped using Clearly Besotted Basic Numbers and the shells are from Seaside set: a Special Editions Sarah Hurley set by Clare Brown.  

I would like to enter the Sugar Bowl Challenge (for a second time in one month!!).

1 comment:

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment x